Around the World Bicycle Tour for HIV/AIDS Awareness Programme was started by Mr.Somen Debnath in 2004. He has been travelling around the world on the bicycle for 12 years now and has covered a distance of 137900 kilometers creating awareness on HIV/AIDS. Mr.Debnath is a resident of the village of Basanti, West Bengal. Mr. Debnath’s goal is to cover 191 countries until 2020 covering 200,000km around the globe and reaching nearly 20 million people.
About People’s House:
People’s House is located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It was Mr.Somen Debnath’s dream to make a house in the most creative way from every single contribution and support he has received from worldwide. Every contribution and support received from 2004-2012 was gathered up in building a house for all friends and family all over the world.
Who can apply?
- Age: 18 years and above.
- Should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English, knowledge of Hindi/Bengali is an asset.
- The time duration for the internship is 1 to 3 Months with dutiful dedication of 4-5 hours each day( 9AM to 12PM and 2PM to 4PM) and 5 days a week.
- The work includes:
̧ Administration Work.
̧ Assistance in maintenance of the exterior of the house like plantation and garden.
̧ Assistance in maintenance of the interiors of the house- Beds/Painting of the wall/Cleaning/Cooking.
̧ Fostering Community education and Health.
̧ Making of Ladies’ garments and handicrafts.
̧ Assisting in promotion and selling of the handmade garments and other handicrafts.
What do you need to prepare?
- Visa: You should obtain any necessary visas (self).
- Travel: You must arrange and finance your travel to the location where you will undertake your internship.
- Stay and Food: You will be provided with free stay and food during your internship period in Kolkata.
- Medical Security: You must show you are physically and mentally fit for the internship and for staying in India.
Kindly send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact +91 8447157061(India).